Home > Uncategorized > Calibre2opds 3.3 beta program well underway!

Calibre2opds 3.3 beta program well underway!

The beta program for the calibre2opds 3.3 release is already well underway with a significant number of new features already added (as well as bug fixes against the 3.2 release).

To give an idea of the changes already included the following is a list of the issues describing bugs and/or new features that are already implemented in rev 246 that is available from the Calibre2opds downloads area:

• New: #c2o-155: Allow Calibre Custom Column values to be displayed in Book Details
  • New: #c2o-160: Allow Books to be on a different URL to the catalog
  • Fix: #c2o-161: The “Language as Tag” value being inverted when saved
  • Fix: #c20-163: If you do multiple generation runs without reloading calibre2opds the catalogs are not correctly generated.
  • New: #c2o-164: Option to Publish only the generated catalog in Publish mode when Books URL specified
  • Fix: #c2o-166: HTML Downloads not generated if OPDS catalog not being generated
  • Fix: #c2o-167: Option to Save bandwidth no longer makes sense so removed it
  • New: #c2o-168: Omit counts from internal links when Minimize Changed Files selected
  • New: #c2o-169: Option to exclude tags from cross-reference links
  • New: #c2o-170: Provide direct links from a list of books to the related authors in HTML catalogs
  • Fix: #c2o-171: Publication date does not show up in the book details page
  • Fix: #c20-172: Dmg Release of Mac OSX broken.
About these ads
Categories: Uncategorized
  1. Cafu0660
    05/11/2013 at 12:23

Hi, I noticed that using the .html index entry, all pages are generated with the following header in clear text (between “Calibre Library” Title and menu bar:

Catalogue généré le 1 nov. 2013

Tried with iExplorer 8 and 10. misinterpretation of html code or is it a bug in header.html file generation ?

• Cafu0660
      05/11/2013 at 12:28

Strange.. I’ve typed a misintepreted html statement and your site displays it correctly.
      I will replace the open and close quote (“” by “/” and “\” to have it in clear text :
      /!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3c//DTD html 4.01//EN” “http://www.w3c.org/tr/html4/strict.dtd”\
      /p class=”dateGenerated”\
      /small\Catalogue généré le 1 nov. 2013//small\
      //p\

2. itimpi
    05/11/2013 at 15:14

Not quite sure what you are asking? There is meant to be a line that displays the date the catalog was generated on in that position that is displayed in small text. For instance in English mine reads “Catalog generated on Nov 3, 2013″. I assume yours is in a language other than English?

It would be quite easy to update the transformation XML to place this at the bottom of the pages if users express a real desire for this to happen.

3. 19/11/2013 at 16:22

HI
    I am interested by the new future possibility to “Allow Calibre Custom Column values to be displayed in Book Details”
    Do you have a date in view for the 3.3 version ?
    Bests regards
    VM

• itimpi
      19/11/2013 at 16:57

This facility is already available in the 3.3 beta releases available from the Calibre2opds download site. I am now interested in feedback on what users think of the implementation so far. The online documentation has already been updated in line with what has so far been implemented.

I have no idea when the 3.3 final release will be available as it depends on just what facilities it is decided to include, and how long they take to implement. In the meantime I would suggest you use the beta release. It is just as stable (if not more so) than the last full release. It is labelled beta as there are still new features being worked on.

4. 24/11/2013 at 09:49

HI
    Thanks, it works
    I thought also it would be possible to use a new column as an index, like authors, series) ?
    When you create it in Calibre, it appear on the small OPAC (http://192.168.1.10:8080).
    So we can make restriction with it.
    But that doesn’t appear in CalibreOPDS.
    I wanted to create for example categories of date with sub-categories (possible to create with personnal columns in Calibre),
    PS: Si quelqu’un peut m’expliquer en français,ce serait trop génial !!

5. itimpi
    25/11/2013 at 13:36

I am afraid the link you give is one that is local to your home network so I cannot view it! That means I have to guess what you are asking for.

There is a work package (http://calibre2opds.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/c2o-156) that is aimed at allowing Custom Columns to be used to create new catalog sub0sections. I expect this is what you are asking about? Work on this is already well under way and it will be part of the final 3.3 release. Probably a test version will be available in the next few weeks.

Another work package (http://calibre2opds.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/c2o-157) is aimed at extending the Calibre2opds search syntax to allow custom columns to be used as [art of search expressions. This one appears to be technically difficult so is quite likely to not get done for the 3.3 release.

6. 12/01/2014 at 08:35

When is the “Destination is Catalog Only” option going to be available?

7. itimpi
    12/01/2014 at 11:52

Not sure about the exact date other than to it is likely to be days/weeks rather than months (depending on my free time). This is a feature I added for my own use so that I can have a free-standing catalog that I can use off-line so I have some interest in getting it finished! Much of the development is already done so it is just a case of finishing it off and then testing the results.

In fact I am hoping that all the features that are showing in the GUI but are currently disabled will be finished soon, and when that is the case I am likely to decide that is enough features added for the result to be the final 3.3 release, and new features (if any) will be relegated to a 3.4 development track. All of them have most of the required development done so like the option you mentioned it is just a case of doing the final work and testing the results.

1. No trackbacks yet.