Home > Uncategorized > Use Updog.co to continue using Dropbox!

Use Updog.co to continue using Dropbox!

As a number of people have noticed, Dropbox has discontinued supporting the ‘Public Folder’ feature that many Calibre2opds users have made use of to host a Calibre2otds generated catalog that can then be used when away from home.

It is now possible to still use Dropbox to host a Calibre2opds generated catalog by fronting it with the service offered by updog.co.  Details on how to go about getting the combination of Updog+Dropbox to host your calibre library are covered in the Calibre2opds Online User Guide.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. 06/10/2017 at 14:29

HTML works fine but I am not able to access OPDS in moon+ reader. I am getting top level which is showing all this Author, Series, Tags etc. but whenever I click any of it I get an error “NO validated OPDS content” & “The requested URL was not found on this server”. What did I do wrong?

2. 06/10/2017 at 15:22

Moon+ reader is only showing the top level of catalogue ( Authors,Tags, Rating etc.) But whenever I click any of it, it gives URL not found error whereas in Aldiko everything is working fine. Any idea what should be the problem.

• itimpi
      06/10/2017 at 15:53

Not sure what the problem might be. The fact that you say Aldiko is working suggests it might be a problem in Moon+ Reader. I assume that the HTML catalog works OK (which is a check that the basic configuration for updog.co is OK).

BTW: Comments here will often get missed. They will be spotted more reliably if you comment in the Related Tools sub-forum of the Calibre forum on MobileRead.com. If you send me a PM from there giving me the access details I can check if I can spot any issues.

3. 07/10/2017 at 08:23

Just posted my problem in related tool subforum but have no idea how to PM you.

4. itimpi
    07/10/2017 at 09:12

I cannot see the post at the moment (if you are new to MobileRead there may be a delay in it appearing).

To PM me you can click on my name in any of my posts and select the option to send a Private Message. Alternatively you can click on the User Control Panel icon and that includes a section for sending/receiving PM’s

• 08/10/2017 at 07:00

My post is now visible in mobileread. I am not getting PM option when I click on your name on your posts. You were asking me for access detail inorder to check for any problems, what and how should I send it.

• itimpi
        11/10/2017 at 19:55

You can try sending an email to itimpi at gmail.com.

Given the access credentials what I can do is check that the catalog appears to be a valid opds catalog and check it with some of the opds compatible apps I have (I do not have moon+ reader).

However since you mention that the html catalog appears to be fine and also works with other opds readers I suspect that the fault lies with moon+ reader. The catalog generation process first generates the xml (opds) catalog and then uses the XML to generate the html. It is difficult to see how there could be problems with the xml files that would not also show up in the html ones.

5. 08/02/2018 at 04:21

Hello! There is a problem with generating catalogue. It started about month ago. There are broken links in generating catalogue. The first one (index.html) working good. But ather, for example authorlist – give ecf4e05d@authorlist\e8e4356e@authorlist_A_Page_1 instead of authorlist/authorlist_Page_1.html

• itimpi
      08/02/2018 at 06:19

I an guessing that you have clicked on the “encrypt the filename” option on the Main tab which adds a 8 character pseudo-random hexadecimal string to the start of all the folders and filenames in the catalog links. The intention of this is to provide a low level of security for catalogs exposed on the public internet and make it harder to guess the catalog links (although it is by no means foolproof).

This should have resulted in a version of the index.html file with such a string added to the front and if you use that as the initial URL then the catalog links should all work as expected. In such a scenario the index.html file (without the pseudo-random prefix) should have been removed, but it sounds as if this did not happen?

BTW: You did not mention exactly which version of Calibre2opds you are using. This can be useful to know in case there is a known bug in that particular version.

• 08/02/2018 at 18:22

Thank you! The problem was exactly in filenames encryption.

1. No trackbacks yet.